Since 1973, the Volvo Ocean Race has provided the ultimate test of a team and a human adventure like no other. This edition will take the teams around the world, across four oceans and 12 landmark host cities. Following the fleet’s departure from Newport Rhode Island, USA, they are due to arrive in Cardiff on 28 May.
Cardiff Bay will play host to a free festival, from 27 May to 10 June – with the first week of the event being half-term, there’s fun for the entire family.
The Cardiff Stopover will be offering a whole host of FREE activities, here’s a taste of what you will find…
- At the heart of the Race Village, visit The Globe which serves as a Sustainability Centre, as part of the mission to raise awareness about ocean health.
- Take part in a variety of fun-filled workshops from the National Marine Aquarium, Cardiff University and more.
- Impress your friends with a selfie behind the wheel of a replica Volvo Ocean-65 racing yacht.
- Grab yourself some delicious street food and enjoy live, lunchtime music on the waterfront.
- Try your hand at static trapeze, juggling, uni-cycling and more with Organised Kaos Youth Circus workshops.
- Get out on the water with our trained coaches for a taster session in sailing and stand-up paddle boarding.
And that’s not all! The Stopover Festival is also offering ticketed activities – including climbing wall and zip wire activities, and even the opportunity to get a birds-eye-view of the action from our big wheel.
Not forgetting – the only chance to see the NoFit State Circus performance, Lexicon, in Wales! Put it in your diary now, it’s too good to miss!
For more information visit www.volvooceanracecardiff.com